Thursday, August 28, 2008

Sound of Music

We attended an outdoor production of The Sound of Music last night (8-27-08). What a treat.

A very nice sister at church gave Alecia 4 tickets to the Leavenworth Summer Theater's production of Sound of Music the other day for helping her with some genealogy items.

These tickets were great seats up on the second row right at center stage and eye level. Also, there were a little ways off from the orchestra pit. Perfect to say the least.

Since we only had 4 tickets, I was going to let Alecia take the 3 kids, but Jaxsen was strongly apposed to going. So, I skipped my Wednesday night Stake meeting (which happened to be a bar-b-que at the Stake President's home) and went with them.

When we got there, this young man escorted us to our seats. He played Kurt, one of the VonTrap family children. He also happens to be our Bishop's nephew. We have been to his house before, so I think he recognized us. But as he was taking us to our seats, he had his canned conversation that all the ushers had from what I could tell. "Have you seen the show before?" "Is this your first time to the theater?" "So, where are you from?"

I had to laugh to myself at the last question as he knew we were from Wenatchee, but he was doing such a great job at his work that I just said "Wenatchee" and "I will tell your dad, hello."

I took his picture and emailed it to his dad and uncle, and guess who showed up right after that. His dad. So I shared the story with him.

The Nuns started off the program by coming out and singing "How Do You Solve a Problem Like a Cell Phone". Very creative way to tell people to turn off their cell phones, watch alarms and to remain seated during the production. The main Nun was a very good at her part.


I was worried that Logan wouldn't like the play, but he really did.

The play started at 8:00 p.m. and we had to arrive at 7:30 p.m. or earlier as you have to park and then walk up the hill to the theater and then get seated. It was a really neat setting as it was a little cooler and a cloudy night, but it wasn't windy and really added to the ambiance of the program.

Next year I think we might try to take the family to see "Sugar" a play based upon the classic film "Some Like It Hot." Looks very funny.



1 comment:

Julie said...

I'm jealous--that is my all-time favorite musical. I love everything about it. I watch it on DVD about 2 times a year. It comes on tv, too. It sounds like you had a great time. The floor is coming along---still not finished--hopefully soon. I LOVE it though. Your Dad helped Bret--so nice of him because they worked so hard. They did have knee pads--life-saver!! Hope all is well. Julie