Saturday, July 5, 2008

Weekend Projects: Mine/Not Mine

Weekend projects always involve mowing the lawn and something else at home. This week however Jen & Scott were working on replacing the wood on their deck with composite material similar to TREX Decking.

In talking with Scott yesterday, I got the feeling he really wanted help, but he didn't come right out and ask if I could. So, this morning I called Jen and told her about that and she said he really could use the help. I went over at about Noon and came home about 9:00 p.m. and we only finished about 1/3 of the project.

The hardest part of staring this project was putting the first board under the railing. Notches had to be cut out to go around posts and measured just right. After that the rest of the deck should be pretty easy until we get right up against the house.

It was a long day, but I know Scott really appreciated the help. I was really tired and couldn't wait to get home, get cleaned up and go to bed.

No comments: