I started 2 days before we left for camp and by the time I got home it looked pretty good. I would trim it up along the neck and down the cheaks to give it a clean look.
I knew once I got home I would have to shave it off sooner or later, but decided to have fun with it for a week.
Each day I would change it up a little bit by shaving more and more off. After we got back I left the beard on from Saturday to Tuesday.
On Wednesday I shaved it down to a goatee with long sideburns. Ryan told me to keep the goatee, but shave the long side burns down.
On Thursday I shaved the side burns but also shaved down the goatee to a long soul patch with a cowboay mustache. I hated this, as it looked aweful. So when I came home from work at lunch I shaved that down to a regular mustache with a smaller soul patch. Didn't like that much either.
On Friday I shaved it all off with the exception of a tiny soul patch. Alecia couldn't keep a straight face when I did this. It was nice to see her smile and hear her laugh so I kept the soul patch for a couple of days.
Sunday I was clean shaven once again and could feel good about looking my best for church.
Alecia did tell me that she liked the beard the best out of all and I have to say that I agree with her. Maybe someday when she doesn't mind the pricklies so much I can grow it back.

No comments:
Post a Comment