
A week and a half ago, my wife told me not to do anything special for her 40th birthday. I thought "SHOOT" I haven't done anything. So the next day I called Alecia's best friend, Jen, and asked if we could use her house for Alecia's 40th. I wanted to invite those closest to Alecia and knew I couldn't get everyone as I didn't want to take advantage of Jen's hospitality.
As the week flew by I would try to do things while Alecia wasn't around: Making the invite while at work and sending it out by email. Scanning the pictures of her throughout the years and printing them out to putting them in frames. Making the prune bouquet out of the trunk of my car. Buying the balloons, paper plates, crepe paper and finally the buying and making of the food for her favorite cake and hors d'oeuvres for the party at Jen's.
For part of her birthday I decided to invite people to bring an hors d'oeuvre and a gag gift. I almost changed my mind on the gag gifts at the last moment as Alecia was going through a "mid-life" crisis moment the night before her birthday (Sunday, June 22, 2008). Almost in tears she was saying how tired she was of being told she was old (mind you NOT by me) and that she hadn't accomplished anything in her life (never mind the 3 most awesome children and husband she has). The next day the party came and everything went fine. She laughed at the gag gifts and I think felt good about herself.

Those who came were Jen & Scott, Brandon & Tammy, Dale & Kirsten and Sandra.
You would never guess Alecia is 40. She is beautiful and loved by her family. Alecia, I hope you really had a good birthday and that you may realize that you don't look a day over 29. We all love you very much.
As the week flew by I would try to do things while Alecia wasn't around: Making the invite while at work and sending it out by email. Scanning the pictures of her throughout the years and printing them out to putting them in frames. Making the prune bouquet out of the trunk of my car. Buying the balloons, paper plates, crepe paper and finally the buying and making of the food for her favorite cake and hors d'oeuvres for the party at Jen's.For part of her birthday I decided to invite people to bring an hors d'oeuvre and a gag gift. I almost changed my mind on the gag gifts at the last moment as Alecia was going through a "mid-life" crisis moment the night before her birthday (Sunday, June 22, 2008). Almost in tears she was saying how tired she was of being told she was old (mind you NOT by me) and that she hadn't accomplished anything in her life (never mind the 3 most awesome children and husband she has). The next day the party came and everything went fine. She laughed at the gag gifts and I think felt good about herself.

Those who came were Jen & Scott, Brandon & Tammy, Dale & Kirsten and Sandra.
You would never guess Alecia is 40. She is beautiful and loved by her family. Alecia, I hope you really had a good birthday and that you may realize that you don't look a day over 29. We all love you very much.

1 comment:
Ooooooo sweetie, I think this is the BEST BIRTHDAY PRESENT EVER!!! Thanks for the party, it was good to be with friends. You put in so much time and effort and I really appreciate your love and support. You're AWESOME!!!
Post a Comment